At Midhaven Homes, we pride ourselves on customer satisfaction. We want our homeowners to not only love their home; we would like them to be comfortable in them as well. Our customer care team consists of knowledgeable staff and on-site personnel that is there to address any questions or concerns you might have. From warranty to maintenance, to every day house concerns, our staff is here to ensure that homeowners experience carefree living in their Midhaven home! Midhaven Homes only accepts warranty requests in writing.
You will have 2 formal opportunities to request Warranty Service in writing in your first year of occupancy:
30-Day Anniversary – During the first month of occupancy of the house, you may find minor items, which are not working, or require adjustment. These items should be noted on the 30-Day Form, which is provided in the Homeowner’s Information Package and submitted to Midhaven Homes and Tarion before the 30th day of occupancy.
Year-End Anniversary – any items noticed since your 30 day inspection and repair should be noted on this list. These items should be noted on the One Year Form, which is provided in the Homeowner’s Information Package and submitted to Midhaven Homes and Tarion a month before anniversary of closing date.
New Home Warranty CoverageWhat is included in your warranty?
Midhaven Homes warrants your home against defects in workmanship and material for a period of ONE YEAR starting on your Closing Day and includes the following:
- Constructed in a workmanlike manner and free from defects in material;
- Fit for habitation;
- Constructed in accordance with the Ontario Building Code; and
- Free of major structural defects.
- All cosmetics items such as scratches, chips etc must be noted on the PDI to be considered under warranty.
Midhaven warrants the following items against defects in workmanship and material for a period of TWO YEARS starting on your Possession Day:
- Water penetration through the basement or foundation walls;
- Defects in materials, including windows, doors and caulking
- Defects in work or materials in the electrical, plumbing and heating delivery and distribution systems;
- Defects in work or materials which result in the detachment, displacement or deterioration of exterior cladding (such as brickwork, aluminum or vinyl siding);
- Violations of the Ontario Building Code affecting health and safety (including, but not limited to, violations relating to fire safety and the structural adequacy of the home); and
- Major structural defects. (Major structural defects are specifically defined in the Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act and discussed in more detail in the Seven Year Warranty section.)
If you experience a problem with any of the above-noted items during your first two years of occupancy, please report it to your Customer Care team immediately, as these are generally considered to be urgent repairs.
Your home seven year warranty covers major structural defects (MSD) and begins on the date you take possession of the home and ends on the day before the seventh anniversary of that date. The seven year MSD warranty includes significant damage due to soil movement, major cracks in basement walls, collapse or serious distortion of joints or roof structure and chemical failure of materials. Please see the Tarion website for further information. You should contact your Builder immediately if an MSD is suspected.
Your home is protected under warranty against Major Structural Defects (MSDs) for a period of SEVEN YEARS from your Closing Day. A Major Structural Defect is defined by the Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act as:
“Any defect in materials or work that results in the failure of a load-bearing part of the home structure, or any defect in materials or work that significantly and adversely affects the use of the building as a home.”
Request for Service Work Please refer to your homeowners manual before submitting your Request for Service to verify your homeowner maintenance responsibility.
To request a warranty inspection, please complete these three simple steps:
- Complete a service request form for the 30 Day or Year End warranty period.
- Submit your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the online request form.
- Midhaven Customer Care will arrange any necessary service appointments with you and a service expert.
Once we have received your warranty request form we will contact you by email within 48 hours to arrange your service appointment. Please be aware, all service appointments are scheduled during regular business hours, between 8:30 am and 3:30 pm, at a time convenient for you. We will work with you and your schedule to find the most convenient time and date for your appointment.
All new Midhaven homes are covered by our standard warranty, Tarion and the manufacturer’s warranty. The material and workmanship defects are covered for One Year, and for Two Years for delivery and distribution systems in the home, and water penetration of the building exterior walls and foundation and seven year major structural defect.
Please refer to your Midhaven homeowner’s manual for copies of any statutory warranties given by manufacturers, suppliers and subcontractors which may extend beyond the first year. In these cases, claims should be made directly to the manufacturer or distributor. Also please visit www.tarion.com for further Tarion information and the Construction Performance Guidelines.
Please note: The submission of an item(s) does not necessarily constitute it as a warrantable/Serviceable Item. All items may be inspected by a Midhaven Homes Representative to assess whether they are warrantable/serviceable under the Rules & Regulations of the (ONHWP) Act or within the Tarion Construction Performance Guidelines. For your convenience you may check the Tarion Construction Performance Guidelines at www.tarion.com.
Please refer to your homeowners manual before submitting your request for service to verify your homeowner maintenance responsibility. Excessive non-warranted service requests may result in a service charge.